Our learning journals have been one of our favorite tools along our homeschool journey. I've used one with both of my older kids and it's proved so helpful in teaching and strengthening focus and boosting confidence as they learn new skills. This printable Kindergarten Journal takes all the work out of creating your own pages every day. This printable daily journal was made to be a gentle introduction to early learning principles for ages 5-7.
While this is not a full curriculum, you (the teacher) will need to be fully involved. Each page will cover skills that you can take into your day and reinforce through reading together and play.
Topics covered include:
- Alphabet and early reading skills- long and short vowel sounds, over 60 C.V.C words, ten sight words, beginning sounds, and name practice.
- Penmanship using a manuscript line.
- Numbers 1-20 – Counting, number sense, number recognition, addition and subtraction, number words, and tally marks.
- Math skills- Telling time to the hour, patterns, counting by twos, lesser and greater numbers, and making ten. 3D shapes and 2D shape review.
- Fine motor and logic skills- cutting and gluing, left to right progression, and sorting.
How to use your journal: One page a day (alternating language arts and math), four days a week (not necessarily all in a row) is all you need! A page should take no more than 10-15 minutes (ideally less). Only do more pages if your child asks, otherwise suggest reading or playing a game together instead.
**Recommended- Print fully on plain printer paper, single sided. Bind at home, or at a local print shop, or three-hole-punch for a folder. The pages are saved in the order of intended use.**
Included in the file:
- 1 Kindergarten Journal cover page.
- 1 "Helper Page".
- 1 cut-out "Helper Page" bookmark.
- 2 instructional pages.
- 3 Cut-out manipulatives pages
- 115 pages of alphabet/reading, shapes, math, and fine motor/logic practice.
- 1 blank note page.
::: I N S T A N T ♥ D O W N L O A D :::
**This is a DIGITAL DOWNLOAD. No physical items will be mailed to you.** After purchase you will receive an email receipt with a link to download your purchase. You will receive a PDF file for printing on regular 8.5”x11” paper.
::: S H O W ♥ O F F :::
I’d love to see you and your little ones enjoying your new learning activity! Be sure to tag me @arrowsandapplesauce and use #applesaucemama.
::: T H E ♥ L E G A L ♥ S T U F F :::
This printable is intended for personal use only. Not for resale. You may not copy, alter, or share these digital files. Thank you! See my shop policies for more info.